Jump to navigation
Founder principal architect of Maisam Architects and Engineers; Outgoing Chair of the Board of MELA,Past President of Business and Professional Women - Jordan.
Meisa Batayneh is the founder and principal architect at maisam architects and engineers. She is experienced in multiple facets of design including architecture, planning, urban design and place branding.
Over her long and distinguished career, Meisa has led multi-disciplinary teams on large-scale international and regional projects in USA, Pakistan, Cyprus, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and UAE.
Meisa’s work was internationally recognized, winning the Arabian Property Awards in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, shortlisted in The World Architectural Festival (WAF) for “Aqaba Bus Terminal” project, in 2009 and “A Gateway to Petra” project, in 2012 plus nominations for Agha Khan award for Oak Hills Residence (Maani), Jordan.
In addition to Meisa’s passion to use creativity, design, and innovation to enhance the built environment; she is actively involved in reform processes through numerous national and international commissions and boards.
* Membership of Professional Associations
- Jordan Engineers Association
- AE Business Council, Founding member
- Business & Professional Women’s Association: Past President
- International Women Forum: member
- MELA - Outgoing Chairperson
- Isustain Awards -Founder
- Cartier Award - Jury Member
- Holcim Awards - Jury Member
- Jordan Green Building Council
- JGBC Founding Member
- King Abdullah II Center for Excellence - Board of Trustees
- Design Jordan - Founding Partner
- Jordan National Gallery of Fine Arts - Board Member
* Award Winning Projects & Competitions
- Architizer A+ Popular Choice Awards, Winner, 2015
- LEAF Awards, Winner, 2014
- WAF (World Architecture Festival), Shortlisted, 2015,
2014, 2011, 2009
- Arabian Property Awards, Winner, 2010, 2011, 2012,
- Cityscape Emerging Market Award, Winner, 2013
- Arabia 500, Winner, 2012
- CNBC Awards. Winner, 2006
- Agha Khan Award, Nomination, 2004