Foundation for Facilitation:
- Adults possess both knowledge and experience and hence, don’t need to be told what to do, as much as supported in identifying how to take action.
- Adults are motivated by their personal goals, needs and expectations.
- Adults have an inner desire to find meaning, grow and seek change.
- Adults are most effective in an environment that emphasizes self-worth and dignity.
Learning is facilitated in an atmosphere in which people are encouraged to trust themselves, to make mistakes and to try again.
- Adults, who are helped to achieve their personal goals, experience a heightened sense of engagement and buy-in.
- Adults are capable of making decisions, taking responsibility and assuming accountability.
- The adult’s orientation to learning is chiefly related to application.
Eligibility Criteria For Facilitators:
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have been a member of a network for at least one year after your initial Masterclass/academy graduation.
- Must have a strong professional background: Having some training as a coach or facilitator can be helpful but real-world experience leading people is paramount.
- Must commit to working long hours and attend all the plenary sessions and all the Leaning Group sessions and Facilitators’ meetings as required.
- Undivided attention during plenary sessions and learning groups.
- Willing to commit to the cost of travel, incidentals, and the time to work on a volunteer basis (all expenses for lodging, meals, local transportation, and Masterclass materials will be covered by Mela).
- Must read carefully “The Foundation for Facilitation” to make sure that you qualify for facilitation.